Considerations for choosing iPad apps for students with visual impairments, including book apps, and other suggested apps.
It is always worthwhile having a consistent framework for making selections about apps. This is a useful list of considerations. One I would add to it is "Does the app work with VoiceOver or other accessibility settings?
My personal list of app selection criteria are based upon the apps capacity to enable:
1. Content can be displayed flexibly
2. Personalised operation (works with accessibility settings)
3. Support for developing understanding
4. Easy recovery from mistakes
5. Capacity for collaboration
See on www.pathstoliteracy.org