[et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text”]
- Hey Siri! – An extensive set of Siri commands. (EPUB format)
- Digital Video in the Classroom – A Resource Guide
- Persuade – A teachers guide to the teaching of advertisements.
- Apps Review – A series of frameworks for critically reviewing apps
- Inclusive Design for iBooks Author
“In this book, I distill research based universal design principles and learning design strategies into clear and easy techniques to incorporate into your iBooks Author project. Implementing these proven principles and strategies can enable any learner without exception to personalise how they perceive, operate and understand your book. Inclusive Design is not about designing for specific needs but about considering the widest possible range of users. By designing your iBooks Author project for inclusion, you permit personalisation, create choice, build engagement and sustain learning. In other words, you design a better book that is more usable to a wider audience.”
- Accessibility at Home (Written in conjunction with Jeanette Davies, Michael Harrison, Christopher Hills and David Woodbridge) “Apple has made assistive technology mainstream through the designing in accessibility features as standard into all of its’ platforms (iOS, macOS, tvOS, watchOS). Now, through the development and integration of HomeKit into the core of these platforms the dream of a mainstream accessible house is a reality. HomeKit is Apple’s home automation platform for controlling smart home products with apps and Siri voice commands. By leveraging the inbuilt assistive technologies of Apples’ devices with off the shelf smart home products, people with a temporary, permanent or increasing disability are able and enabled to undertake every day activities in innovative ways. This book shares some examples of what is possible, which we hope sparks your interest and imagination about creating an accessible house. Many of the photos in this book come from a concept accessible house which was set up within the exhibition area of 2015 ‘NDIS New World Conference: Disability in the 21st Century.’ The concept provided an authentic context in which to experience the implementation of a smart accessible house.”
iTunes U Courses
- Creating Inclusive Learning Environments – An iTunesU course created by Apple Distinguished Educators (ADE) Greg Alchin, Luis Perez, Mark Coppin, Mark Dohn, Meg Wilson, Cherie Pickering, Madalaine Pugliese and Leslie Schecht.
- More powerful than you think! – My course examines how placing a high value on both diversity and inclusiveness: